SpedDial kit Installation
Tools for SpedDial kit installation needed: 13mm (½”) wrench, hammer, wood block, felt pen
- Unscrew old bolt, saving washer. Protecting your table surface with a wood block, press or pound handle off. Use bolt to pry small washer from inside of handle.
- Keep both washers for re-use.
- Insert new bolt into new handle. Apply lubricant to big washer, ball bearing grease or a bit of oil does the trick. Place small washer on bolt, then big washer.
- Add new clamp plate, spring and retainer as shown, flared-end first. Note: Brass retainer must be installed OUTSIDE of spring, or it will be damaged.
- Rotate clamp plate until longer lobe engages fixed hinge plate. Close hinge and rotate handle to tighten bolt, pressing small washer into handle. When tight, mark bolt head at preferred position of finger dimple.
- Loosen bolt to press off and re-position handle. Re-tighten. Loosen bolt to allow hinge to open freely. Install lock-nut, plastic side out, turning until it touches stop and SpedDial kit is ready to be used!
In belows video Stephan Bianchi explains how the SpedDial kit can be installed on your pre 2004 or post 2004 Brompton folding bike.